Looking for a unique historic, fully renovated building in the center of Leiden? Or do you have children who (want to) study in Leiden, but are you unable to find accommodation for them?
This special building in the heart of the city center of Leiden is divided over three layers and according to the zoning plan there is a possibility to place a roof extension and to create a fourth layer.
The property is located in the historic city center of Leiden. From this location you can walk to the weekly market on the Nieuwe Rijn, restaurants and coffee shops are within walking distance and various museums are within easy reach! Moreover, you can easily reach Leiden Central by bicycle and public transport and The Hague, Schiphol and Amsterdam are within 30-45 minutes! This bustling city is at your feet at this location.
The house is currently divided into two separate houses: a fully independent studio apartment on the ground floor and a two-storey upper house with terrace. The houses were renovated in 2017 and are in very good condition. It is ideal to use downstairs as an office/work/studio space and to live upstairs or to move into the building with several people. You can also choose to live upstairs and rent out downstairs and generate some rental income. The house will be delivered without tenants (rent free). The possibilities are endless!
Studio apartment (ground floor):
This house is located on the ground floor and has a bright and spacious living-bedroom. At the rear of the house is a very neat kitchen with appliances and a modern bathroom with shower, sink and toilet. There is also a separate room for the washing machine connection. The house has its own central heating boiler.
- 34.3 m2 living area (GO) NEN 2580 standard measured
Upstairs apartment (1st and 2nd floor):
With a staircase you reach the first floor, where the very spacious and bright living room is located. At the rear of the house is the modern kitchen with all amenities. Behind the kitchen is the sunny terrace. Via the stairs you reach the top floor where a beautiful space has been created for the washing machine and its own central heating boiler. The bedroom is very spacious and the luxurious bathroom has a bath, shower, sink, toilet and towel radiator.
- 58.8 m2 living area GO (NEN2580 standard measured)
Possible new layout:
Would you rather make the property 1 home again? This is of course also possible, whereby the option of a roof construction provides many extra square meters of living pleasure.
- Property offers several options: occupancy of the entire building in 3 or possibly 4 layers, occupancy of the top floor and rental of the lower floor or rental of both apartments to third parties.
- Property will be delivered EMPTY (without tenants)
- Facade has recently been re-joined
- Painting on the outside was recently done
- House is almost fully equipped with double glazing
- According to the zoning plan, there is a possibility to create a roof structure
- Both houses are completely independent: the houses have their own kitchen, bathroom and central heating boiler
- Property is not cadastral and not legally split into two separate apartment rights, property is transferred in its entirety
- Gas, water, electricity, internet and television connections are connections for the entire building
- Energy label currently F but concerns old energy label.